The VP, National Sales Manager will be responsible for all aspects of sales for the Digital premium video and display network, reporting directly to the head of the business unit. This exciting opportunity will allow a talented sales executive to take a key role in the growth and development of Digital, the fast-growing online division of our client. The VP, National Sales Manager will leverage their current network and build new relationships with clients and agencies selling Digital’s online video and rich display advertising services across our leading network of sites. The successful candidate will based in New York City and will have the opportunity to lead, coach and develop a team of sales professionals in our sales offices in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.
* Create, develop and lead ad sales strategy to maximize profit
* Execute strategic sales and account plans and help establish sales priorities
* Hands-on approach to generating revenue by utilizing your own network and empowering and supporting the sales team
* Cultivate and expand existing client and agency relationships to increase ad sales revenue and meet client needs
* Become a key contributor to the senior management team and collaborate shaping the strategy in a rapidly evolving market
* Develop new business relationships and partnerships in order to grow sales
* Partner with internal departments, including Content, Marketing, PR, Design and sister companies to effectively manage all aspects of ad sales
* Manage national ad sales team, including regional Directors, Account Executives
* Build and develop an aggressive sales team that can win in the marketplace and execute against annual revenue goals
* Direct involvement with selling into key accounts and development of strategic relationships to maximize sales revenue and future growth
* Help establish best practices in terms of workflow, tools and team collaboration
* Collaborate with executive management and human resources to implement sales compensation plans that effectively reward and retain top sales people and drive sales performance
Desired Skills & Experience
* Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a fast-paced digital advertising sales organization.
* Minimum of 10 years managing people, with emphasis on and demonstrated ability to lead sales teams to success
* Strong internal and external communication skills to interface with other teams, sister companies and CEO and COO
* Strong understanding of the needs of both agency and client-direct sales; established rolodex and client list a must
* Consistent track record and ability to execute against annual sales objectives
* Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
* Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment
* Ability to think both strategically and execute against day-to-day objectives
* BA or equivalent is required. MBA or advanced degree is preferred
* Prior experience working within a digital media/entertainment company