Director; Oracle Financials
CBS Corporation is a mass media company with constituent parts that reach back to the beginnings of the broadcast industry, as well as newer businesses that operate on the leading edge of the media industry.
The Company, through its many and varied operations, combines broad reach with well-positioned local businesses, all of which provide it with an extensive distribution network by which it serves audiences and advertisers in all 50 states and key international markets. It has operations in virtually every field of media and entertainment, including broadcast television (CBS and The CW * a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), cable television (Showtime Networks, Smithsonian Networks and CBS Sports Network), local television (CBS Television Stations), television production and syndication (CBS Television Studios, CBS Studios International and CBS Television Distribution), radio (CBS Radio), advertising on out-of-home media (CBS Outdoor), publishing (Simon & Schuster), interactive media (CBS Interactive), music (CBS Records), licensing and merchandising (CBS Consumer Products), video/DVD (CBS Home Entertainment), motion pictures (CBS Films) and socially responsible media (EcoMedia).
CBS seeks a Director; Oracle Financials. This role oversees and actively manages the application development, project completion and support for the Oracle E-business suite (EBS) and other ERP and financial applications across the CBS organization.
The Director is responsible for leading project teams to deliver multiple, simultaneous projects or one significant major project that could span across several business or technology areas. The Director will effectively manage resources, schedule and quality of deliverables through the full project life cycle. The Director will also contribute to the development of a delivery methodology, estimating models, risk and quality management approaches The Director will consider post-go-live support and total cost of ownership across infrastructure, development, enhancement and break/fix perspectives.
This is a customer-facing role which will manage resources in support of project and production support efforts.
- Project Manage and lead the planning and implementation of multiple business divisions’ Oracle implementation from Oracle 11i to R12, including a migration to a common Chart of Accounts.
- Select and manage consulting resources to plan and deliver an Oracle R12 project implementation.
- Hire internal resources and organize the team plan and deliver an Oracle R12 project implementation.
- Provide the functional, technical and analytical abilities sufficient for conducting business analysis and project management of Oracle 11i/R12 and other financial applications, including experience with Oracle workflows, personalization and extensions.
- Develop project management plans and estimates to support major project and enhancements implementation activities.
- Perform and supervise solution/tool selection, fit-gap analysis, requirements gathering, solution design, application configuration and testing.
- Facilitate project enhancement governance and prioritization.
- Supervise ad-hoc analyses and special projects, and lead projects through completion.
- Propose and implement initiatives to increase department-wide efficiency.
- Ensure that business requirements for new initiatives are structured and documented against best practices so deployment results in enhanced user productivity and experiences, and business case objectives are met.
- Work closely with the business to understand business problem they are trying to solve, and the actions they need to take.
- Perform business and financial analysis of strategic projects to ensure proper cost/value relationship, helping to reduce risk and focus investment more efficiently.
- Collaboratively ensure readiness for change across business by ensuring effectiveness of change management programs that will result in the early adoption of the new solution and business processes.
- Effectively collaborate with the technology team to ensure exchange of business information, develop innovative approaches to problem solving, and continuously seek ways to improve communication and engagement.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Develop and monitor the performance of staff.
- Assign and redistribute duties among staff to meet various workload pressures and due dates.
- At least one (1) Oracle R12 implementation for GL, AR, AP, Trade Management, Inventory, Advanced Collections, iReceivables, iProcurement, FA, Project Accounting, Cash Management, and related modules.
- Minimum 7-10 years of Oracle application and financial systems project management experience.
- Expert in Oracle 11i and R12 E-business suite including Receivables, Payables, General Ledger, Project Accounting, & Fixed Assets.
- IT professional services consulting experience, “Big 4” or similar strongly preferred.
- Experience with testing techniques and standards as well as exposure to automated testing tools.
- Must be able to articulate and document test plans, business specifications and interface details with the technical team.
- Deep familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance processes.
- Strong knowledge of disaster recovery procedures.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent client interfacing skills.
- Resource and Project Planning tool experience required.
- Undergraduate Degree required
- Multiple Oracle R12 implementations
- Financial systems project management experience in the media/entertainment industry
- PMP or other project management certification
- Graduate Degree
CBS Corporation and its business units are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. To find out more, please visit our website at www.cbscorporation.com.