VP, Product and Platform
The VP, Product and Platform will develop short and long term technology visions and will play a vital leadership and strategic planning role as a key member of the executive management team. Work with the executive team to ensure that application enhancements are delivered to the marketplace in a timely fashion and provide 24×7 reliability and scale ability.
Work with other members of the executive leadership team to support new product initiatives, define optimal product offering through understanding of technical opportunities, market opportunities, consumer behavior, and competitive product advantages.
- Develop and manage the product budget
- Ownership of development of Epix product spectrum. Own conception, build and implementation.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple initiatives across multiple platforms
- Efficient management of priorities in a constantly shifting environment. Being able to track and communicate timeline effects of re-allocating resources amongst initiatives.
- Expedite app approval process.
- Resource prioritization and management. Staff and manage internal and external resources. Explore, understand and manage resources and relationships with managing partners including those within Viacom.
Technical Management Responsibilities:
- Staffs and manages internal platform development team.
- Manages and evaluates technical staff and talent.
- Partnering with internal resources (Viacom) infrastructure to manage technical infrastructure.
- Vendor evaluation, recommendation & management.
- Hosting, development, staging and production
- Ten plus years of increasingly responsible technical experience and a track record of technology leadership within a software application development environment.
- Proven success as a technology leader responsible for developing and delivering commercially successful software and/or Internet business to business and business to consumer applications that run in a mission critical, high volume, high transaction, high availability environment
- Successful experience in the design and implementation of development processes that yielded increases in productivity, predictability, scalability, and reliability.
- Past performance providing board, strategic partner and executive level presentations with clarity of thought and exceptional results.
- Verifiable track record in recruiting and retaining a strong development team that consistently delivers high quality products on schedule.
- Experience with other technology platforms and applications architecture is desirable for evaluating whether current platforms and applications architecture are appropriate for future business needs.
- Knowledge or aptitude for emerging technology and platforms including mobile (HTML 5, iOS, Android) and set-top-box and connected TV integration.
- Passionate about being part of internet and entertainment related industries.
- Experience building video delivery systems