Vice President, Product Marketing
FreeWheel helps the largest players in the television industry make money from their ad-supported content through a robust technology platform for ad management and monetization, a private marketplace for premium television inventory, and advisory services. FreeWheel’s solutions are used by companies like ABC, AOL, DIRECTV, ESPN, NBC Universal, Sky, Turner, and Viacom to profitably monetize their professional content on desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices.
The San Mateo-based Vice President, Product Marketing, reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, will be a member of FreeWheel’s management team and will be tasked to lead a team and company efforts against core business objectives including (but not limited to):
- Strategic Planning – working closely with the Co-CEO & Exec team on high-level vision and planning, as well as driving specific initiative strategies and business case evaluation with Product Management, R&D and Corporate Development
- Product Go-to-Market – providing the leadership, process management and structure needed to define & execute specific market launches of new products and initiatives
- Industry Standards Bodies (ex. NAB, NCTA, IAB) – serving as the conduit and the voice for FreeWheel, helping shape industry initiatives
- General Market POV’s – addressing the rapidly evolving goals of our clients, market signals & industry gaps
In addition, he/she will have oversight of our growing Product Marketing team, which bridges between Product and revenue-producing teams to drive revenue & strategic partnerships for FreeWheel’s offerings. With an agenda focused on educating internal constituents and the world on the value of our market-leading technology and business solutions, this role will leverage your in-depth knowledge of the video advertising ecosystem to drive the development of the messaging, positioning, sales tools and demand generation to ensure proper launch and go-to-market models. You will also lead cross-functional teams to bring new capabilities to market. The ideal candidate is super-smart, passionate, fired up about FreeWheel and ready to help us power the future of television.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to bring new capabilities to market
- Develop clear and compelling messaging that conveys the value of the technology platform, speaks to the needs of our clients, and differentiates FreeWheel in the market
- Lead the development of sales tools that support the selling process and enabling sales to communicate FreeWheel’s value proposition
- Become an expert on FreeWheel’s clients, how they buy, and their buying criteria; become the expert on FreeWheel’s competition and how to crush them
- BA/BS degree, engineering degree and/or MBA are a plus
- Experience designing, building and launching software products
- Deep knowledge of the television, technology and video advertising industries
- A passion to deliver world class software that powers the world’s largest media companies
- Extensive command of SaaS sales positioning and Product Marketing focused on platform & solutions
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to execute on large scale projects
- Proven ability to translate technical information into clear and compelling value propositions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen ability to represent the company with the media trade, conferences & industry partners (ex IAB)
- Have an always-on curiosity and are resourceful in finding the information you need
- Willing to travel up to 25%
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we’re not. We have fun everyday because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that’s already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now?