Head of Mobile Engineering
Medidata (MDSO: NASDAQ) has retained Magnet Agency to secure an experienced Director, Engineering (Mobile) to lead growing mobile engineering teams as they design, implement, deploy and operate our mobile platform, from devices and mobile sensors to API’s. You’ll get to lead some of the most exciting a groundbreaking consumer facing mobile experiences in the industry and work in what is arguably the coolest offices we’ve ever seen in NYC.
This position reports to the Vice President of Platform Architecture, and provides an opportunity to evolve key pillars of Medidata’s strategy for powering smarter treatments.
- Oversee the analysis, design, delivery, and evolution of our mobile platform. Responsibilities span mobile applications, sensors, and platform API’s.
- Builds relationships with product managers, marketing, sales, and users to enable development teams to more effectively prioritize requirements and delivery efforts.
- Grow the organization through effective hiring, coaching and development of globally distributed team members.
- Provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization.
- Inspire, empower and motivate the organization, leading by example.
- Interact with executives and/or major customers to establish and communicate a technical vision for our data capture platform.
- Proven leadership in driving and growing several agile software development teams across multiple engineering managers.
- Proven leadership scaling application development teams that are self organizing, loosely coupled, yet highly aligned.
- Technical experience with iOS and Android, designing and consuming RESTful API’s for mobile consumers, building data products on mobile data streams, mobile application testing, and designing high impact and easy to use SDK’s.