Chief Technology Officer
Opportunities like this do not come along often. Firms like this are rare in the investment management community. This is truly a place to hang your hat.
The Head of Technology is responsible for the management, maintenance and delivery of all technology products to the firm by managing internal staff of 6 and third party providers including technical support, core network infrastructure, telephony, core business applications and consultants.
We are seeking a brilliant technology leader with natural curiosity for complex troubleshooting who sees the big picture and how parts fit together in an international company. This individual will not only be in charge of maintaining and modifying current systems but will have awareness of evolving technologies and collaborate with the executive team on suggesting innovations and tactical outsourced solutions to augment evolving internal systems.
The ideal candidate will understand trading systems, market data (bloomberg etc.) and OMS (order management systems) as well as server, data center and other infrastructure needs and report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Select Equity Group, L.P. is an employee-owned registered investment adviser that was originally founded in 1990 as Select Equity Group, Inc. Since the Firm’s inception, we have always focused on identifying great businesses through rigorous, fundamental research.
Today we manage over $11 billion across both long-only and long/short equity strategies, which share an overriding investment philosophy and leverage a centralized research effort. With over 80 employees and a research staff of over 25, the Firm offers a broad product mix to a diversified global investor base.
Select Equity has been based on Lafayette Street in lower Manhattan since the early 1990s.
- Manage (along with the Director of Infrastructure) HVAC and UPS service providers to ensure data center facilities are constantly maintained.
- Manage (along with the Director of Apps Support) implementations and application development relating to Order Management systems, Trading, Performance Management and Accounting systems.
- Manage testing upgrades to all Trading, Portfolio Administration, Finance and Research applications.
- Manage all IT resources, including 3rd party/vendor related including consultants for support and senior technology staff.
- Oversee provider’s daily technical support for high responsiveness, communication and resolution.
- Implement and directly support various business applications.
- Diagnose and resolve concerns with custom client server or web software leveraging developers, vendors, engineering, desktop support to address product scalability, usability, reliability, functionality, and performance related issues to the satisfaction of our clients.
- Direct compatibility testing between various applications and upgrades/patches.
- Cultivate and maintain successful relationships between the Information Technology Department and internal clients.
- Evaluate issues, along with the Director of Infrastructure and the Director of Applications and determine appropriate strategic and tactical fixes relative to function, risk, and cost.
- 10+ years hands on experience supporting traders, portfolio administrators, portfolio managers, researchers, etc. in a management capacity
- 10+ years hands-on experience resolving issues related to packaged and customized software, desktop hardware, network hardware, and servers.
- Experience with most of the following:
- Order Management System (Longview, Moxy, Charles River, EzCastle etc.)
- Market Data (Bloomberg, Reuters, FactSet, etc.)
- Portfolio and Partnership Accounting (Advent AXYS, Geneva, etc.)
- Portfolio and Market Analysis Systems (Factset, Eagle, etc.) SQL Server
- Strong project management, communication, analytical and technical skills.
- Candidate must have the aptitude to understand complex technology strategies and communicate them to a broader audience.
- Proven customer service/user support skills and experience working with employees at the highest organizational levels.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, have a high degree of professionalism, be self-motivated, have strong desire to learn, and be adaptable to a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Candidate must have experience in procurement and contract administration.