Client Strategist, Retail
Lead Client Strategist, Retail – Intersection
Intersection is an urban experience company that combines expertise in technology, user experience and interactive engagement at the convergence of digital and physical worlds to improve life in cities around the world.
Intersection develops cutting-edge media platforms, such as MTA On the Go and LinkNYC, and offers nationwide media assets to provide it’s advertising clients the scale, insights, and creative solutions they need to reach audiences and spark engaging connections, all while helping fund valuable public services.
Intersection will be located at the newly constructed 10 Hudson Yards, and is the result of a merger between Control Group and Titan and their acquisition by a consortium of investors led by Google’s Sidewalk Labs.
The Lead Client Strategist, Retail will reporting to the Head of Client Strategy, Design & Technology Retail is a very broad category, ranging from big box to every kind of consumer based transactional business – all of these players have different opportunities to match the disruption happening around them. In dense urban environments in particular where the speed of need is different, there are unique opportunities for retail. As a Retail Client Strategist, you will work with Intersection executives and team members from across the organization to expand our reach as a strategic technology partner for our retail oriented clients. You’ll be an integral part of efforts to develop, implement and manage customer and product solutions, including new program value propositions, customer experiences, operational innovations and technology.
You’ll be an integral part of efforts to develop, implement and manage customer and product solutions, including new program value propositions, customer experiences, operational innovations and technology. It’s an ideal opportunity to demonstrate and grow your strategy capabilities, help us and our clients learn and innovate, and become part of a growing, winning team at Intersection.
You will be responsible for working with key customer contacts at multiple levels. You will identify and align business, product and technology objectives, discover customer pain points, offer recommendations, develop budget strategies and recognize current and future needs.
It’s an ideal opportunity to demonstrate and grow your strategy capabilities, help us and our clients learn and innovate, and become part of a growing, winning team at Intersection.
- Develop relationships with C-level executives and client stakeholders to solve client challenges and maximize the value delivered by Intersection services
- Define project objectives, set key performance metrics, and establish project approach
- Lead the management of client accounts with outcome of high customer satisfaction, strong relationship retention and account growth
- Perform competitive analysis and identify gaps and opportunities in the marketplace
- Assemble strategic insights into presentation materials for clients
- Keep abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies that are changing our client’s businesses
- Lead or collaborate on client engagements on a day-to-day basis
- Be able to lead/execute expert interviews and client presentations
- In-depth knowledge of technology products and services
- Meet quarterly and annual sales targets
- Develop a deep understanding of the client’s business environment and strategy
- Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- 5-10 years external experience with proven consultative roles in major retail arenas, experienced in domain specific strategy and technologies, with evidence of prior success in Sales and Relationship Management
- Ability to execute the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close at the and senior executive and C-level at medium and large organizations
- Proven experience building excellent on-going client relationships, adding value and providing strategic insight into their business
- Practitioner within design, strategy &/or technology disciplines, particularly with experience ranging from enterprise to consumer experience.
- Proficient in account planning and understanding budget management
- Excellent written and oral/presentation skills
- Language requirements as determined by territory needs
- BA/BS or Advanced Degree in Business, Retail Science, Computer Science or related fields
- Relevant experience in customer relationship marketing, marketing strategy development or program management
- Analytical experience that includes a blend of customer data and financial measures, business case development or customer and marketing program performance analysis and research
- A mix of client-side, agency and consulting experience
- A proven history of anticipating and managing client needs to meet near-term and long-term deliverables
- Strong presentation and content generation skills with expertise in the development, writing and delivery of presentations
- Experience with troubleshooting complex technical issues, as well as technical, product and/or infrastructure deployment experience, is a preferred.